Meanwhile on the mainland...the economy continues to sputter and the Federal Reserve remains undecided on if (read: when) to provide further stimulus. Sooooo...there's no better way to stimulate the economy while making the American voter feel better about the USA than to start a good old fashioned war for freedom and democracy!!
Let's consider some headlines from the last year...
- U.S. administration publicly inspires/promotes Syrian and Libyan rebellion.
- U.S. provides financial and military support for the wars through international organizations.
- 10,000 men and weapons have entered Syria from the Lebanese border.
- France and Britain train the Free Syrian Army (FSA) in Turkey while providing intelligence in Syria to help fuel anti-Assad sentiment. It is also being reported that al-Qaeda Libyan rebels are being sent to fight the Syrian regime.
- A handful of top Syrian officials and their families defect to Turkey; most notably Syrian Gen. Manaf Tlass, commander of Syria's Republican Guard.
- Syria shoots down a Turkish jet patrolling the border.
- U.S. officials and media portray the struggle as a freedom movement against a hostile, oppresive Assad regime...increasingly misrepresenting the degree and source of 'atrocities'.
- US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is threatens China and Russia for failing to support Syrian intervention.
- 'Western intelligence' agencies state that Syria has chemical weapons of mass destruction while offering no evidence.
- U.S. and other countries begin a joint military mission to de-mine the Persian Gulf.
- Pentagon is builds a missile-defense radar station at an undisclosed site in Qatar and sends a second aircraft carrier to the Gulf 4 months earier than planned.
- U.S. naval ship fires on a 50 foot fishing boat and apologizes to India for the innocent death, explaining the situation as a 'misunderstanding'.